Kyoto University is one of the leading national universities in Japan and has a high ranking in the world. There are currently more than 2,000 international students from over 110 countries studying and researching at the school.
In order to create more opportunities for international students to experience deeply the language, culture, customs, and quintessence in Japanese education, Kyoto University has launched the International Undergraduate Program (iUP) is for young people who wish to study at this famous university.
In the following article, Jellyfish Education will help you have an overview of the program as well as learn more details about the admission process of the Kyoto iUP scholarship. Are you ready to conquer the most prestigious scholarship in Japan – Kyoto iUP scholarship?
I. ABOUT KYOTO UNIVERSITY
– Founded in 1897
– National University General
– Ranked 44th among the best universities in the world; 1st in Japan and 5th in Asia (2019)
– 10 faculties for Undergraduate education, 18 faculties for Graduate education and 38 Research institutes
– Research orientation
– 10 Nobel Prize winners
– 22,700 students including 2,200 international students from 110 different countries
– Located in the ancient capital of Kyoto
II. OVERVIEW OF THE KYOTO iUP SCHOLARSHIP 2021
The Kyoto iUP’s training goal for students is to gain high academic knowledge, to improve their English proficiency, as well as to find the right motivation and worldview for their future goals.
The students will study Japanese in 6 months and study the major in Japanese – English bilingual in 4 years. There are many support policies for students such as partial or full tuition waivers, admission fees, and scholarships up to 120,000 JPY monthly for students in 4.5 years of study (the monthly support of MEXT 2019 scholarship for undergraduate level is 117,000-120,000 JPY/month).
III. NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Number of enrollments: ~ 20 students for the October 2021 term
IV. SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
(for eligible exams)
|Admission fee||282,000||Full waivers available|
|Annual tuition||535,800||Full and partial waivers available|
Living expenses: 120,000 JYP/month
Scholarship duration: Maximum of 4.5 years
V. REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants must meet both of the following requirements:
|1||Applicants are not Japanese citizens and must have the resident status of international students at enrollment.|
|2||Applicants must meet at least one of the following five requirements:|
|a) Have completed or expected to complete at least 12 years of education, from primary to high school, or less than 12 years of formal education approved by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) recognition, in a country other than Japan before September 30, 2021.|
|b) Have completed or are expected to complete at least 12 years of education from primary to high school education at an educational institution in Japan, based on a non-Japanese education system and have been recognized by MEXT before the 30th of September 2021.|
|c) Have completed or are expected to complete 12 years of elementary to high school education at an educational institution accredited by the Western Association of Schools, Colleges, and Colleges School of International Affairs (ACSI), or Council of International Schools (CIS) before September 30, 2021.|
|d) Have been granted an International Baccalaureate, High School Diploma in Germany, French Baccalaureate, or a Certificate of Higher Education (GCE A-Level) before September 30, 2021.|
|e) Have an academic background recognized by Kyoto University as equivalent to a) above before the admissions process begins. Applicants must be at least 18 years old before April 1, 2022.|
VI. ADMISSION PROCESS
Application time: November 2nd to 5 pm on December 7th, 2020
Round 1: Admission is based on applications
(Application deadline: 5 pm December 7th, 2020)
Round 2: Interview (01-12/03/2021)
Applicants who pass the document screening stage will be interviewed in person or online. The interviews will be held from March 1st to March 12th, 2021.
Details of the interview will be provided to applicants by the end of February 2021.
– Candidates are responsible for checking their email for information about the interview and the registration process.
– Candidates are self-sufficient in traveling when participating in the interview.
Announcement of results (April 9th, 2021)
Confirmation of enrollment intent (must be received by May 10th, 2021)
VII. LEARNING PROGRAM
1. Before 10/05/2021: Confirmation of enrollmen
2. Mid-May to Mid-September of 2021: Learn Japanese in Vietnam. Successful candidates will be able to study Japanese for free at Jellyfish Education, under the sponsorship and training authorization of Kyoto University.
3. Late September 2021: Arrive in Japan
4. 01/10/2021: Enroll in the preparatory course
5. February 2022: Take proficiency tests
6. April 2022: Enroll in a university course
VIII. DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE PREPARED
The forms (Forms A, B, C, and D) can be downloaded from the following website:
1. Photos of the last 6 months
2. Copy of passport
3. Certificate of payment of application fee
4. Official transcript
5. Form A (Certificate of Graduation / Expected Graduation). Form A may be replaced with a copy of the original graduation certificate
6. Form B (Assessment) is completed by a junior high school / high school that the applicant is currently attending or most recently attended.
7. English proficiency test results (TOEFL / IELTS / Cambridge English Scale) or Form C
8. Standard test results
9. Form D (Essay)
IX. THE FACULTIES IN THE LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS
|Integrated Human Studies||– Social Sciences and Humanities
– Natural Sciences
|Science||– Mathematical Sciences
– Physics and Astrophysics
– Earth and Planetary Sciences
– Biological Sciences
|Engineering||– Global Engineering
– Electrical and Electronic Engineering
– Informatics and Mathematical Science
– Engineering Science
– Industrial Chemistry
– Food and Environmental Economics
– Applied Life Sciences
– Forest and Biomaterials Sciences
– Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
X. CONTACT INFORMATION
Kyoto iUP Admissions Office
Or the only media representative authorized by Kyoto University in Vietnam:
Jellyfish Education Joint Stock Company, Room 1309, Floor 12A, CMC Building, Duy Tan, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
Hotline: 0967 289 362